Friday 19 October 2012

Yay - Day four!

Well, the plan to make day four a savoury option was put paid to by my husband requesting I make a Bakewell Tart. I have planned on making one of these but never actually got round to it so was really pleased to give it a go.

Here is the finished result.


I looked in various books for a recipe and eventually settled on one from the fabulous book Baking Made Easy by Lorraine Pascale. She really does make things simple and the pastry recipe was made with fresh vanilla and lemon zest - yummy! 

My husband said it was delicious, which is good enough for me, and  being a trained chef he tends to know what he is talking about.

I feel I should point out that I may have to play catch up tomorrow because I am out at a wedding this afternoon and don't think I will have time to do todays challenge, unless I can find a no bake option. I'll see what I can do! 

Catch you later.xx

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy....you have a very lucky family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but my husband is complaining about the size of his girth. Thank heaven it is over soon!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful if you have the time to comment and I will always do my best to respond.x