Thursday 25 June 2015

Here we go again, maybe?

We have stalled in our attempt to sell the house. We are still waiting to see if the two-time viewers are in a position, or inclined, to make an offer. As I said in my last post, it is a waiting game, always!

Anyhow, before the boys were up from their pits this morning I made sausage rolls. Don't you just love ready-made, ready-rolled puff pastry? Harry had requested them so I could put them in their lunch boxes as he likes to have pate on toast for breakfast and I try not to give the boys bread at more than one meal a day.

So here are the finished articles, looking quite tasty I think?




At the same time, well I put it in a little earlier, as baking the sausage rolls I popped a whole butternut squash in so I was making the best of the oven. When properly baked and nice and soft I scooped out the flesh am now in the process of making one of my yummy snacks for when I am watching my weight - when am I not? Here you see other ingredients; lemon, olive oil, lentils and garlic paste. You simply add the boiled lentils, juice from half a lemon, a teaspoon of the oil, a sqirt of the garlic and just combine. Absolutely tasty with a savoury biscuit and if you are on Weight Watchers Filling and Healthy plan you don't have to count any of it!

I haven't posted any of my makes and bakes for a while so thought I would this morning,whilst everything looks nice and fresh or has at least lasted until lunch time. To be honest I can't guarantee the sausage rolls will make it beyond tomorrow's lunch boxes!

Hope you have enjoyed my ramblings.xxx

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Need to get back on track with WW, so thanks for the recipe - I love squash and lentils!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful if you have the time to comment and I will always do my best to respond.x